NAMBUCCA HEADS TO URUNGA UPGRADE – COMMUNITY INFORMATION SESSIONS
Member for Coffs Harbour, Mr Andrew FarserMP said Local residents and businesses are invited to community information sessions this month for the Nambucca Heads to Urunga Pacific Highway upgrade.
Mr Fraser said the Nambucca Heads to Urunga upgrade involves building 22 kilometres of four-lane divided road which will link up with existing two-lane, divided highway north of the Waterfall Way interchange at Raleigh.
“The upgrade will provide a faster journey for people travelling along the Pacific Highway as well as improve safety for all road users,” Mr Fraser said.
“The information sessions will provide the community with an opportunity to talk with the project team and ask questions.
“The project team will also deliver a presentation on early work progress, upcoming activities, environmental measures in place during major work and at completion,” Mr Fraser said.
The first information session will be on Thursday 22 August from 6pm to 8pm at Nambucca Entertainment Centre on Ridge Street.
The second information session will be on Tuesday 27 August from 6pm to 8pm at the Ex Services Club on Morgo Street at Urunga.
The key features of the upgrade include:
- Four lane divided road with safe driving conditions for speeds of 110 km/h
- An upgrade to the existing Waterfall Way interchange at Raleigh
- two new interchanges north of Nambucca Heads and Ballards Road
- A rest area on the western side of the highway at the Nambucca Heads interchange
- A continuous local road between Nambucca Heads and Urunga combining new roads and the existing Pacific Highway
- Floodplain bridges and culverts across sections of the Kalang flood plain
The Nambucca Heads to Urunga Pacific Highway upgrade is jointly funded by the Federal and NSW governments and is scheduled for completion by 2016, weather permitting.
Please call the toll free project information line on 1800 800 612 by 5pm on Friday 16 August to register your attendance for catering purposes.
12 August 2013
For media comment contact Andrew Fraser on 6652 6500 ,